background

Sunday, April 1, 2012

More Derby Stuffs & Ladies Night at Foxys

To say that I have been busy this past while is a HUGE understatement. I have recently been pursuing Roller Derby in a big way. My friend and I have been going skating every Friday night and then this past Wednesday I went and met some of the fabulous ladies from the Foothills Roller Derby Association. While there I had the chance to see how the girls skate and it just fueled my want to to play that much more! It also was the night I got my first decent rink rash and damn, it hurt! lol. I defiantly made sure to wear all my gear for protection on the Friday night! That night I also met a skater from the Chinook Roller Derby team, and she was at the rink the following Friday as well.
So far every Derby Girl I have met has been incredibly nice and welcoming! The girl from Chinook Citys name ( skate name) is Panty Bandit and she told she was going to call me Sparkle n' Shine because of my light up wheels, lol, I told her I was good with that.
So now here is my dilemma, from the people that I have met and all the info, both teams seem amazing! My first thought was to go with Foothills because I grew up out in Okotoks and just seemed to make sense to me, but  then the more I think about it, practices in High River are kind of far to do weekly, whereas Chinook City practices right here in south Calgary. I wish I could do both! I will keep updates on how things go, this is all pending they want me! lol.


Check out the links to both leagues and some of the awesome stuff going on in the Derby world!





Next up in my crazy ass world, I am doing my first mini table/show selling my stuff! Foxys Bar and Grill in Okotoks in hosting a Ladies Night Shoping Night tomorrow night at 7 PM. I will be selling my wands and some baby shower gifts, as well as taking commissions. Mostly I am really just trying to get my company name out there and show people what I can do! If I managed to finally finished my derby helmet, it will be on display to!




2 Baby Shower Pots and a Hostess Gift for the lovely lady Sherry, who runs the Bar and Grill.

Now,  for something that has nothing to do with Art or Roller Derby! The hubby and I took our kids to the Calgary Zoo!! It was technically the 2nd time for both kids, but the first was Zoolights and there wasn't really any animal watching. This time around, T still didn't really do much other then enjoy his leasurely ride in his stroller but P had a blast checking out the animals! 




P got tired and wanted to ride with Tristan, so they had a drink together! :D

No comments: