background

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cookie Monster Pots & Comic Con 2012!





Hello Ladies and Gents!
This past weekend was a geektastic weekend for me and I managed to get more of the stuff for Ps Cookie Monster Birthday done. Ok, lets start with the Cookie Monster Pots. I did 3 pots, 2 small and one larger and they are going to serve as a kind of cookie/cake stand. The 2 smalled ones with have a pizza pan on top of each with a giant baked cookie with blue chips and the larger one will have the Cookie Monster themed cake place on top of it. I can't wait to see it all put together on the big day!

Cute, right? Happy with these!

Ok, now on to the Geektasticness of my weekend! I finally...FINALLY got to attend the Calgary Comic Expo. I have wanted to go for the past 2 years but was pregnant both times and as I have mentioned in the past...I am NOT a pleasant preggers lady, lol, so going to a crowded place was not an option. This year though, I am done having babies and my best friend and I bought our tickets ahead of time so that we could go and enjoy the day. My lovely sister watched my babies for the day (Daddy had to work) and we were off!

This was a very cool, very hectic experience. This year the Calgary Fire Marshal actually had to close the doors to the event for awhile due to being over capacity! I was extremely glad that we got in early and were able to enjoy the day (minus some hectic line ups and a little lack of organization).

All in all, we had a great time checking out the Cos-players, the merchandise, creeping the celebrities that were there and best of all, having our pic taken with James Marsters! That was a most excellent moment, and naturally it is the one pic of many that I was in that day, that I look like a complete moron while my beautiful best friend looks born for the camera.I still love it though and couldn't be happier, super nice guy and we also met some fellow geeks in our line-up that made the wait actually fairly entertaining. They told us a sneaky secret to getting the best bang for their buck at the Con and while I won't divulge this sneakiness, I will say, I will we had done it to!

Ok, enough rambling....on to pictures! Enjoy some pics of the 2012 Calgary Expo as experienced by one geeky girl andher best friend! :D


Katee Sackhoff, love her!

We have cute hats! lol


The Weasley Twins!


Mehz in her fabulous new coat :)




We were only a little excited.... :D
Batmobile
Amazing Artwork by Jason Palmer of 2 of my Favs and one for the hubby!
Angel puppet!
Okay, so I have a few more pics that I wanted to add from the Expo but Blogger seems to be haing issues today, so I will upload them another day! Enjoy for now!

No comments: