background

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend :)


It was a fun but very busy Easter weekend! We started off with dinner on Friday night out at my parents place, my sister and her kids and hubby were there to! I adore family get togethers, so much laughter, fun and love. :) Plus, my niece is a natural pro with babies and I get a little break! ;)

Next up, my fabulous hubby and I took the kids to the pool on the Saturday. It was T's first time and though he was weary of this giant bathtub at first, he quickly decided that sitting in the warm water with Daddy was just fine by him. All the while, P and I were splashing and playing and having a blast, we even went and checked out the waves. Seriously...my kid has no fear!

Sunday held a nice quiet relaxing day for my little family, we watched movies and enjoyed naps. All after the egg hunt of course! The Easter Bunny did make a stop at our house and left the kiddlets some little goodies!
After all the wonderful lounging, I actually went and saw The Hunger Games with my little Bro. I definitely enjoyed it and I am looking forward to the following movies! :)

Last but certainly not least, last night I went to my first fresh meat practice with the CCRD.


I am sore today, lol. Skating at Llyods, while super fun and a decent work out if your there for a few hours, did not prepare me for this first practice. It was fun and I learnt alot of things that I knew I had to learn, but thought would be easy. Different falls, and hits and going backwards (not my strong suit) and I did it all with knee buggered up. Not a smart thing to have done in hindsight but I am still really glad I went, all humility aside. :) I will be going back next week, the people are extremely nice and I can't wait to get good!

So, I haven't got much crafting done, but I did do some fun Devilled Eggs! So I will leave off with a pic of those and some of the other goodness the weekend held.












Ciao

No comments: