background

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thanksgiving Craft and the starting of Halloween!

 
 
Ok, so I really am starting to remember to blog more often. I am fairly certain it is mostly for my own peace of mind, as I don't think I have many readers. It's all the same to me, I like to ramble and be a proud Mommy, lol. Also, I'm kind of cheating, eventually I would like to get my blog printed out into a book, total scrapbook cheating! hehe
 
Annnyways, just a few crafts to share! The kids and I started out doing a Thanksgiving turkey crafts with their hand prints! P helped me finish them as T-Rex decided it was nap time.

Little hand prints



SO proud of her turkey

Checking his turkey out after his nap and stealing my parm cheese while I try and make dinner, lol.

They will be our center pieces at Thanksgiving Dinner! :)
 
 
Alright, so there you have it, our turkeys!
Next up, some Halloween fun! We originally had planned to do the yard all scary, but they we ended up switching to more kid friendly.  P doesn't really get scared of anything, she laughs at everything, but my little T-Rex freaked right out at one of the scary Halloween props, hence the change in theme.

These may still get used though, cause they look cool! lol..


Its fantastic what you can make with some cardboard tubes and a hot glue gun! My little bloody candles were originally going to be set near the creepy coffin, I think they may end up in a large pumpkin instead!


Fun Halloween craft!

One night, P really wanted to do some crafting, so I drew out a couple shapes ( the pumpkin and the ghost) and she proceeded to glue to proper colored pom poms on the board! Considering she is only 2, I think she did a pretty good job. After that, Mommy added some words and we painted the background with some glitter paint! Fun fun. :)

As a quick edit, I also wanted to add a few pics of the pumpkin cake I made! It was my first try (so no laughing) but I was also trying to practice marbling a cake. I have a wedding cake to do for 2 dear friends of mine, in December, and I want to do a good job!




Nom nom nom!

Devils Chocolate, mixed with basic white cake and then topped with a homemade cinnamon cream cheese icing! Tasty pumpkin cake. ;)

 

No comments: